$103,443.60 per annum (including Port Hedland Allowance) Town provided housing
The Town of Port Hedland is transitioning the management of the Wanangkura Stadium, South Hedland Aquatic Centre and Gratwick Aquatic Centre Gym to in-house management and an exciting new position has opened up for an experienced Coordinator Stadium Operations.
- Fantastic opportunity in the leisure and fitness industry
- Opportunity to be passionate in your field of expertise
- Make a real difference to our community
The Town of Port Hedland offers a working environment that provides innovation, creativity and teamwork in addition to encouraging personal and professional development.
As the Coordinator Stadium Operations, you will be responsible for the operation of the Wanangkura Stadium and Gratwick Aquatic Centre Gym in accordance with Council Policy and Health Regulations to provide efficient, safe and attractive stadium and gym facilities for patrons. We are looking for a passionate and motivated person to help develop a progressive culture of health and well-being in the Port Hedland community.
You will be required to provide strong leadership to the stadium staff and have very high interpersonal skills both with internal and external personnel.
The preferred applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol assessment to be considered for the role, as well as possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in recreation, fitness, education programming or similar with demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Certificate IV in Fitness or similar with demonstrated experience in Personal Training and gym operations
- Current “C” class driver’s licence
- Current Working with Children
- Provide First Aid Certificate
- Current National Police Clearance
What the town of Port Hedland offers:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and remuneration package which may include a range of benefits such as:
- Town provided housing
- Six weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading
- Wellness program (includes discounted gym membership, pool passes etc.)
- Superannuation co-contribution scheme
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid parental leave
- Family oriented and lifestyle supportive working conditions
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply online www.porthedland.wa.gov.au/employment
If you are unable to apply online, please forward your application documents to Human Resources, Attention “Confidential Advertised Vacancy” either by:
Post: PO Box 41, Port Hedland WA 6721
Hand: Civic Centre, McGregor Street, Port Hedland WA 6721
Applicants are advised to provide a resume along with a brief summary (should be no more than one page) outlining how their skills and experience will contribute to their success in this position. Applicants who fail to address this criteria may not proceed to the second stage of recruitment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure their application is received in full prior to the closing date and time.
Suitable applicants may be considered for appointment to similar vacancies during the six month period following the conclusion of this recruitment process.
For more information on the Town or to obtain a copy of the position description please visit the Town of Port Hedland website. Should further information be required please contact Tony Butler, Manager Facilities 08 9158 9300 Applicants must apply online at www.porthedland.wa.gov.au/employment .
Applications close 4:00pm Sunday 17 February 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Town of Port Hedland is Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination. We embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.