- Elite, sporting environment
- End to end management of the HR function
- Encompassing both strategy and operations
Who are we?
As part of the City Football Group, Melbourne City FC’s ambition is to develop the best footballing talent, to deliver an exciting and forward playing game and to increase participation in football on and off the field. By achieving these ambitions, we are growing a sustainable and socially responsible organisation.
Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic competition, the A-League, the top tier of women’s football, the W-League, and the National Youth League.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win. They combine a genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
Are you an energetic self- starter with strong coordination skills? Are you dynamic with an appetite to explore new things? Then this may be the role for you.
Based at La Trobe University, Bundoora and reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for both strategic and operational HR delivery for the club.
- Create and deliver HR strategic objectives on both an annual and long-term basis
- Facilitate an engaging and high performing culture through building leadership capability as well as strong relationships with employees
- Provide timely and accurate advice on all HR related issues including policy, conditions of employment, entitlements and performance
- Oversee the end-to-end recruitment and selection process, incorporating position descriptions, advertising, shortlisting and interviewing
- Ensure HR compliance across the club
- Management of employment contracts, position descriptions and salary negotiations
- Review and management of award compliance
- Oversight of annual performance review process
- Coordinate training needs across the club
What we need from you:
- Extensive HR experience working at a senior level
- Advanced knowledge of the Fair Work Act
- Ability to work at both the strategic and operationally levels
- Experience working in sport a distinct advantage
- Strong partnership skills
- High level of professionalism
- Superior communication skills
This appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks.