City in the Community
City in the Community is a not for profit charity of the Melbourne City FC which uses football for positive social impact.
Working closely with the Head of Community and the club’s Marketing team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and measurement of CITC’s programs, ensuring social inclusivity.
The role focusses on the delivery of programs and clinics in the community. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for community and football and be a brand ambassador for CITC, ensuring our high professional standards and vision are applied across all our projects.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win, and combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
Based at La Trobe University, Bundoora and reporting to the Head of Community, this role would suit an organised individual with strong communication skills who is passionate about using the power of football to improve lives.
- Manage the Cityzens Giving Campaign
- Manage the “I Speak Football” and Homework Club programs
- Provide support to the Melbourne Young Leaders Training;
- Deliver coaching in schools including City Robots and Healthy Hat Trick programs
- Manage and deliver the Welcome to Football social inclusion program
- Coach at other events as required including Match Day
- Other duties as required by the Head of Community
What we need from you:
- Teaching, Sports Management or Youth Work tertiary qualification
- Genuine passion for community and football
- Volunteer experience at community football programs
- Grassroots football coaching accreditation
- Driver’s license
- Holder of a Working with Children check (WWC)
- Proficient computer skills, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and problem solve to ensure priorities are met in a fast pace environment
- Strong administration skills
In turn, Melbourne City offers:
- Opportunity to work with a global organisation
- On site gymnasium
- Opportunity to work in world class facilities
- Club membership
- Commercial partner benefits
- Dynamic, energetic working environment