Are you a qualified Swim School Instructor looking at joining one of Sydney’s largest Council? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for up to 15 people to join our vibrant team as we fall into our peak season.
The primary purpose of a Swim School Instructor is to deliver high quality Learn to Swim classes to the Community of Canterbury Bankstown in line with Council’s policies and procedures at Austswim and Swim Australia qualified standards.
Main Accountabilities for this role will include;
- Effectively deliver instruction of Learn to Swim classes to program participants
- Deliver lessons in line with Council’s Swim School Instructor Manual
- Deliver lessons in line with the Aquatics Unit Customer Service Charter and Council’s organisational Vision and Values
- Set up and pack up all equipment in a timely and safe manner
- Demonstrate interest in the development of program participants by knowing their name and ability
- Maintain current Austswim, Swim Australia, CPR and First Aid qualifications at all times
- Attend and actively participate in Council’s in-service training sessions and meetings
- Actively participate in the consultation process of Council’s Swim School program and operations
- Commit to shifts on a termly basis
- Any other duties as requested by the Aquatics Leadership Team in line with skills and experience
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Austswim or Swim Australia Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Senior First Aid
- Advanced Resuscitation
- A valid Working with Children Check identity number
- Demonstrated experience in the effective instruction of Swim School classes
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in a demanding work environment
- Experience dealing with customer enquiries and complaints
- Sound time management and organisational ability
- The ability to work flexible hours from Monday through to Saturday
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures
- The ability to prepare daily lesson plans
This position requires a Pre-Placement Health Assessment in the interest of providing a safe and healthy workplace. The medical will take place at one of Council's chosen providers and will be conducted at the Council's expense.
This position involves working with children. As per the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, a Working with Children Check identity number with clearance will be required for an application to be considered for this position. Applicants under the age of 18 years are not required to obtain one. For more information visit www.kids.nsw.gov.au.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and creating a login using your email address. When submitting your application, make sure to address the Essential Criteria mentioned in the below Position Description in your covering letter.
For more information, please contact Ellisa Mamas (Team Leader Swim School) on 02 9707 9296.