If you are as PASSIONATE about teaching babies, toddlers or kiddy winks how to swim as we are, we’d love to hear from you! At Duck and Dive we specialise in teaching zero to fives how to swim and believe we have the best program out there.
This is your chance to become part of an amazing small team, our clients certainly love us to bits, most of whom are either repeat or referred customers which gives us a nice fuzzy feeling as we try so hard to please with absolutely every part of our business!
As part of our exciting expansion, we are looking for extraordinary individuals who are (or want to be) amazing teachers. The rewarding positions available involve teaching specialised techniques in a varied and fun packed program with more opportunities to apply your skills in other areas of the business.
Currently we are looking for:
- Baby and Toddler teachers (Kogarah, Broadway and Artarmon)
- Learn to swim teachers 3 years to 5+ (Broadway and Artarmon)
To get your wings with us, we offer a comprehensive training package which leads in turn to higher than average rates of pay and exciting career opportunities in this growing school.
- You love babies, toddlers and little kids
- You love grownups (babies can’t swim on their own just yet, so you have to relate to the carer!)
- You are passionate about teaching but still have an excellent customer focus
- You ooze confidence and are a clear communicator
- You are patient and get excited with your results
- You are at home in the water
- You are flexible and prepared to help with other areas of the business
- You are capable of presenting carefully tailored lesson plans and accepting feedback
- You are reliable and extremely punctual
- You can ideally work weekdays and part of the weekend (every teacher including the bosses have to work part of the weekend, no more than a half day [unless of course you want more], to share the load)
- You are mobile, preferably a car owner unless local and prepared to attend at least 2 of our 3 locations (see website for details)
Great to haves:
- AUSTSWIM certificate (Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety) or Swim Australia certificate (Teacher course)
- AUSTSWIM certificate (Teacher of Infant & Preschool Aquatics) or Swim Australia certificate (Teacher of Babies and Toddlers Course)
- Current CPR certification
- Working with children check
The above are necessary before we can begin the training program but we can wait for you to get qualified if you are the right person.
Absolutely must haves:
- You have permanent residency or are an Australian citizen
- You are looking for a long term commitment
We’re also throwing this out to someone who is interested in a career change and is prepared to train to become a swimming instructor, so if you have no experience but are interested we'd still love to talk!