Cycling Australia (CA) is the peak body responsible for the sport of cycling in Australia as recognised by the International Cycling Union (UCI), the Australian Government (Australian Sports Commission and Australian Institute of Sport), the Australian Olympic Committee, Commonwealth Games Australia and Paralympics Australia.
CA is responsible for the management and development of the sport from the national team at the elite level, including Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games, through to grass roots’ community level participation.
The organisation is structured across the areas of High Performance, Membership and Communications, Sport and Participation, and Corporate Services including finance, administration and information technology.
The person will assume of the role of General Manager Marketing reporting to the CEO. They will oversee the effective delivery of membership Marketing and Communication for CA.
This presents as a unique opportunity to obtain sporting industry customer insight and experience.
- Manage CA's membership marketing and communications.
- Develop strategies and tactics to achieve membership growth and retention KPls with reference to:
- Product clarity (education of insurance value) and differentiation from competitors;
- Regular and systematic promotion campaigns across all channels to market, with a particular focus on delivery via digital means; and
- Engagement, coordination and activation with state associations and clubs; and
- Direct management of staff within the CA Marketing & Communications team.
COMPETENCIES AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful candidate will have a solid working knowledge of Marketing, with a preferred (but not critical) background in cycling and knowledge of cycling insurance elements, be an emerging leader, have strong communication and written skills and be able to work with an array of internal and external stakeholders.
You will be persuasive and articulate with exceptional communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to engage and motivate people within a changing environment to achieve success.
As the leader of Marketing, you will be required to work strategically and collaboratively across the organization
You will lead a small and highly capable team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The person will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification.
- Have experience developing and leading successful Marketing membership and brand campaigns.
- Be able to work collaboratively within a small, dynamic team, and
- Have strong attention to detail and an outstanding work ethic.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is a fixed term, full time role through to the end of September 2020 though this end date is negotiable to the sucessful candidate.