Football NSW is the governing body for Association Football and Futsal in New South Wales (except for the northern regions which are governed by Northern NSW Football) and is a member of the national governing body, Football Federation Australia (FFA).
With over 230,000 registered players, Football NSW is the largest member federation in Australia and the largest State Sporting Organisation. Football NSW governs 32 member-associations and runs several elite semi-professional competitions that are just below the top tier of professional football in Australia, the A-League.
The Head of Marketing will create and execute the Football NSW marketing strategy. This role is responsible for delivering campaigns to support growth across various types of participation in football, including attendance at, and engagement with NPL and increased utilisation of Valentine Sports Park.
The Head of Marketing will develop, implement and lead the short-term and long-term marketing initiatives across departments.
- Marketing Strategy - Create and execute the Football NSW marketing strategy.
- Marketing and Promotions – Develop, implement and lead marketing initiatives and requirements across various departments including participation in campaigns, NPL fan engagement activities and promotion of Valentine Sports Park.
- Marketing Collateral – Develop, implement and lead the production and maintenance of accurate and timely marketing resources and promotional materials, including copy writing, proofing, editing and design across a range of marketing campaigns.
- Brand and Graphic Design: Drive ongoing brand recognition and appreciation.
Oversee the adherence to brand guidelines. Oversee internal and external requests for graphic design and use of the brand.
- Digital – Oversee digital strategy across all channels including website management, social media, and e-marketing and ensuring the websites/social media platforms are reflective of the Marketing Strategy.
- Video – Manage requests and delivery of video content for online platforms, functions and presentations.
- Mentor – Develop a collaborative culture across your team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Formal qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or similar disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a marketing team
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing marketing campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail
- High level computer skills
- Passionate about marketing with a ‘creative flair’ and appreciation of design applications
- Ability to engage stakeholders with informative, relevant presentations
- Experience in a sports marketing role would be beneficial but not essential
- Confident and mature personality, with excellent corporate presentation, professional, friendly and motivated
- Flexible work hours may be required from time to time including night and weekend work
- Working with Children Clearance for paid workers or willingness to obtain prior to commencement
- Commitment to Football NSW values, behaviours and culture
- Current driver’s license
- Australian Citizen
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Provide strong leadership with a collaborative approach
- Build trust via integrity, transparency and accountability
- Behave professionally and act as a team
- Maintain customer focus
- Be passionate about improving football
- 4-5 years in a similar role
Football NSW is seeking to appoint the appropriate candidate immediately, therefore applications close 26th February 2020