The SIS30315 Certificate 3 in Fitness is the basic entry level fitness courses for those looking to become a fitness instructor.
Our delivery mode includes the flexibility of online theory content, videos, online support and face-to-face practical training.
Students are able to book in a time with a tutor to assist with theory modules. When it is time for prac, students book in for a training or assessment session with one of our expert staff.
A certified fitness instructor may be employed in locations such as gyms, fitness facilities, pools and community facilities.
Graduates of the Global Fitness Institute SIS30315 Certificate 3 in Fitness will possess the appropriate industry recognized trainer qualification to work as a gym instructor or group fitness instructor.
Already Working in the Industry ? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning
Unsure if you qualify for RPL, more info here
Students will complete the following core units, developing skills and knowledge, such as the ability to :
- SISFFIT001 Provide Health Screening and Fitness Orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
These core units form the entry level requirements to enrol into our Personal Training Courses (Certificate IV in Fitness)
Additional units :
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISXCAI006 Facilitate Groups
- SISFFIT007 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISXFAC002 Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities