Global Fitness Institute is one of Australia’s leading providers of Personal Training certification. Complete one of GFI’s Personal Training Courses to become a fitness certified trainer.
Our delivery mode includes the flexibility of online theory content, videos, online support and face-to-face practical training.
Students are able to book in a time with a tutor to assist with theory modules. When it is time for prac, students book in for a training or assessment session with one of our expert staff.
Personal Trainers are involved in the assessment, training, and supervision of a variety of people in health and fitness clubs, gyms, sports centers, community recreation organizations and other venues.
The industry accepted trainer qualification, or personal trainer requirements, is the Certificate 4 in Fitness. Students undertaking Global Fitness Institute Personal Training courses have access to a wide range of fitness-specific in formation and gain the knowledge to provide appropriate exercise programs to their clients to help them lead a healthy lifestyle.
Graduates of GFI Personal Training Courses have the ability to design and deliver exercise programs for individuals and small groups along with training individual clients, on a one-on-one basis, and may include older clients and children.
Already Working in the Industry ? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning
Unsure if you qualify for RPL, more info here
Units of competency covered in the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness include:
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSLS408 Present, secure and support sales solution
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 Conduct individualized long-term training programs
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
Entry requirements to study the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215) are a current first aid qualification and current First Aid certificate, and who have achieved the following units of competency :
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
Therefore, prior to undertaking personal training courses it is highly recommended that the students completes Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) to satisfy the entry requirements.
See Course Fees